While you are getting on with your weight loss endeavours, with a little planning you’ll never feel as though you’re missing out when everyone sits down to eat.
When meeting friends for lunch, plan to have your meal replacement at breakfast and dinner, leaving you free to enjoy a healthy lunch, but remember to make choices that fit within your program.
Take care to minimise your carbohydrate and fat intake. For example, if you have a selection of side salads, choose the Baby Spinach, Rocket and Cherry Tomato Salad over the Pasta Salad dressed with Mayonnaise. Remaining true to your weight loss program AND enjoying a social life is possible with these menu suggestions:
Catching up for coffee – choose a low fat Latte with no sugar
Lunch with friends
- For entrée: A garden salad or fresh seafood – a prawn cocktail (without the dressing) or a dozen oysters natural
- For the main:
- Grilled fish with steamed vegetables;
- Chicken breast with salad OR
- Lean beef with vegetables
- Iced tea, sparkling mineral water, soda with a dash of lime, iced water
Skip the calories in your life – but not the fun!