Some people find when they start the Keto Plan that as their body adjusts to the reduction in calories they can feel sluggish, tired or “headachy”. This is more common in those who have previously had a high sugar intake and is a type of “toxin” withdrawal. These symptoms should not be sufficient to interfere with normal daily activities and will pass quickly by maintaining a very high fluid intake during this time.
It is also not uncommon for people to also feel hungry in the first few days of the Keto Plan before the appetite suppression of ketosis begins. It is very important to manage your hunger in this time.
Try these tips to help you in the first few days:
- Drink plenty of fluid
- Distract yourself with activities. Go for a walk, get up and stretch, call a friend – take your focus off your hunger.
- Stay focussed on your goal of losing weight and improving your health.
- Avoid temptation – stay away from fragrant foods.
- Be prepared with KetoSnacks on hand to help with hunger between meals.
- If you remain excessively hungry, have an additional VLED Meal – for example, enjoy half a VLED Bar for morning tea and afternoon tea. It will be better for you to have an extra VLED than to deviate from the Keto Plan entirely.