The Federal Government’s recent Measure Up campaign is sending a powerful message to us all about the importance of keeping check of our waist measurement. The initiative stems from research findings that chronic disease - such as some cancers, heart disease and type 2 diabetes - is a fast growing problem in Australia and it’s clear that certain lifestyle behaviours lead to chronic disease. These include being overweight or obese, not getting enough physical activity, smoking, harmful alcohol consumption and unhealthy eating. Read More >>
VLED Weight Loss
Dr. MacLeod's VLEDThe Dr. MacLeod's VLED (Very Low Energy Diet) products are used for the medical treatment of overweight and obesity across Australia and New Zealand and is the preferred product range of many bariatric (weight loss) surgeons and medical specialists.
How does it work?
Using VLEDs in place of meals restricts your daily kilojoule intake and carbohydrate intake to a level lower than your body requires which leads to your body using stored fat for energy. As your body converts fat to energy, you will reduce your fat stores and lose weight.
Learn more here
There are 9 Dr. MacLeod’s VLED products in our range, giving you a great variety of sweet and savoury flavours to choose from. Each product has been extensively taste tested to ensure it is delicious.
- DRINKS- Creamy milkshake style drinks in 5 flavours.
- SOUPS- Rich and hearty the soups are a great alternative to sweet flavours.
- BARS- Complete convenience, the bars are ideal as a meal on the go with no preparation required. Available in 2 chewy flavours .
- Your doctor, dietician or medical weight loss clinic can order the Dr. MacLeod’s VLED products to make available to you.
- Alternatively you can purchase the Dr. Macleod’s VLED products directly in 3 easy steps:
- Download this order form:
Dr. MacLeod's VLED Order Form (341 KB)
- Have your health care professional authorise the supply of products to you by signing where indicated.
- Send your authorised order form to Dr. MacLeod’s head office by post, fax or email for quick product delivery direct to you.
Should your health care professional require any further information they can contact us for a complete product information package or review this page.
Preparing for Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery
Your surgeon may have recommended the use of a VLED product prior to bariatric surgery. This is because losing weight prior to surgery has many proven benefits including reduced operating time and risk and improved recovery time. Additionally, VLED weight loss has been proven as the best way to reduce the size of the liver and reduce fat around the stomach. This makes the surgical process less risky as the liver and stomach are easier for the surgeon to access and move.
The Dr. MacLeod’s VLED products are used and recommended by bariatric surgeons.